Have you ever stopped mid day and realized you haven’t had ANY water yet that day? I know I’m guilty of that. Water is incredibly important to our bodily functions. We lose water constantly through breathing, sweating, and going to the bathroom. When we drink certain things like coffee and tea, that also depletes us of water.
But, plain ol' water helps us in so many ways! It helps us digest our food, flushes out sore muscles, helps us feel full, speeds up our metabolism, regulates our body temperature, and even helps with our skin and hair. Who doesn't love beautiful skin and hair, am I right?
Even with all these positives we still tend to forget about it. Here are some tips to keep this hydration station going strong:
1. Have a water bottle you like! I personally find I am more likely to drink something with a straw, so I always find one with a straw. Go splurge on something you will reach for and enjoy drinking from. Have a favourite mug you like drinking coffee out of? Same kind of idea.
2. Have one at work and one at home. Have a few that you always keep tabs on, makes it easier to remember.
3. As soon as your finish it-fill it up again!
4. Track every time you finish a bottle. Whether you track it ON the bottle or download an app, or even keep it in the notes in your phone!
5. Try a sparkling water for variety. There's lots of different options for sparkling water that can quench your thirst and make you feel like you're getting more of a kick out of plain old water.